Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Home Tour

I fully intended to write this post (and about four others) a long time ago, but we've been a little busy with things like diapers, bottles, laundry, and working on new tricks like laughing and grabbing our feet! But, better late than never I suppose.

It's been fun to decorate for Christmas this year. We moved in about ten days before Christmas last year, and between that and my sister's wedding, we didn't decorate for Christmas.

Of all our Christmas "stuff," this is definitely the best! : )
(I suppose Eli was not amused with his attire...my husband tells me that boys don't wear outfits.)

Wesley was so excited to put some lights up this year! He wanted to do it so bad last year. He has grand visions for the outside of the house at Christmas, but we're taking it a little bit at the time!

I'm off to a good start in the living room. I feel like the mantle needs more, but so far I'm pleased with it. Wesley and I made the garland/swag ourselves. And my mom helped me sew the stockings. I'm so pleased with how they all turned out!

This is the Auburn Christmas tree! (War Eagle! National Championship bound!)

I gave Wesley all of the decorations for the Auburn tree a few years ago while we were dating. We've added a few each year. This year, my mom gave Eli his first Auburn ornament! I'm glad my mom thought of that. Eli has a few ornaments on the 'family tree,' but I hadn't even thought about getting him an ornament for the Auburn tree!

These are just some of the decorations in Eli's room.
It's a little difficult to see his tree, but all of the ornaments are small sports balls. He also got a Little People Nativity set this year from Ginny & Pops. It's sooo cute! Ginny also hooked us up with an adorable nativity/advent calendar. I just went ahead and put all the pieces in the advent so we could enjoy it all month since Eli is too young right now.

A few of the decorations in the kitchen. I love that baby in the manager with the star above it. You also see my stack of Christmas decorations waiting to be mailed out!
I love the "Wonderful Counselor..." plate. And the Santa kneeling at the feet of Jesus. Wesley and I got that at a Christmas shop on our Spring Break trip to Gatlinburg. My mom has had one as long as I can remember and I've always loved it.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow.

3 comments:

  1. Love all your details! The baby Jesus plate is adorable!!

    Your son is too cute for words! His "outfit" is precious!

    Merry Christmas!
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo pretty! It looks awesome! And I think you didn't give yourself NEAR enough credit for the stockings!
    We are out of school starting tomorrow at 3:00- are you pumped?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...