Cookies the first week and a cake the second week! Our 'homework' was to make a double batch of buttercream icing and bake a single layer cake and bring it to class in order to decorate there.
I came away with this:
Not too bad for my first time. What got me in trouble was I spent so much time trying to smooth out my icing. The perfectionist in me wanted it...well, perfect! So I then had to spend the last 25 minutes of class trying to decorate the cake. I think it would have looked better had I taken my time to decorate it. But it sure did taste good!
This weekend our homework is to make cupcakes and make another batch of icing to decorate our cupcakes with. I'm excited about cupcakes! Wesley is loving this class. We have lots of sweet treats in our house!
That looks great! Love the colors!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I'm super impressed!!
ReplyDeleteaww I love the cupcake on the cake!
ReplyDelete