Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

Woo hoo for the weekend! Eli's weekend kicked off a little early. His daycare was closed on Friday (which I did not know until late Thursday afternoon, although I should have known: church daycare, Good Friday, etc.). After some quick phone calls, Nana saved the day and came up to keep Eli on Friday so no one had to take a day off of work. I'm sure those two had lots of fun together, they always do! : )
(Isn't he the studliest stud muffin ever?!)

Friday night, Uncle Z and Puddin joined in on the fun while Wesley and I headed to the Secret Church simulcast that was going on at our church. It was SO, SO good! The more I know about God the more I realize I don't know, and yet the more I realize how good and how holy he is! My head is swimming from all that I learned. I'll have to share more later when I've had time to digest it all. If you ever get the chance to go to Secret Church, live or via simulcast, I highly recommend it. We only made it to midnight. It went until 1 am (eastern time). Wesley has been very busy with soccer lately, and had gotten in from his game around 2 am the night before and we knew little man would be up by 6am, so we left early to get a few hours of sleep in. I plan on watching the video and completing my workbook once the video/pdf outline get posted to the website.

Nana, Puddin, and Uncle Z stayed and played all day Saturday.


Wesley and my dad even got our new front door put in. We LOVE it, thanks Puddin!

While it's a little odd not getting up and going to church on Easter Sunday (but that's 'religion' and it makes no difference whether we worship together on Saturday night or Sunday morning), it gave us the chance to do some things as a family. We got up and cooked breakfast together, read about the crucifixion and resurrection from the Bible, and prayed together.

Eli also checked out what the Easter bunny had left behind.


I even made a bunny cake like my mom used to do (prior to dislocated/breaking her finger in the stand mixer a few years ago). My cake teacher would not have been impressed with this cake. I broke the cardinal rule and tried to ice my cake only an hour after pulling it out from the oven (I should have waited at least a day). And then I did a very poor job icing it...I took a nap only halfway through and then tried to go back and finish it. But, oh well, you do what you have to, and I simply ran out of time before Easter. It may not be my best work, but it tastes delicious, and cakes are made to be eaten, not admired for their craftsmanship (at least that's the case in this house).
(Little man sure tried his best to get his hands in that cake!)

While we've had tons of fun and made some great family memories this Easter, we're most thankful that we serve a living, perfect God, who became sin, that we might become his righteousness.

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
1 Peter 1:18-19

2 comments:

  1. Little man may be practicing for his first birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous about Secret Church...I want to go SO bad! Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...