Sunday, October 30, 2011

Family Fun Fitness 5K

That's a mouthful, isn't it?!  : )

We competed in another 5k this weekend.  It was my second.  This is the same race that Wesley and Eli ran last year!

My mom and I before the race.

On our last 5k I did a lot of walking and completed it in 42 minutes.  My goal this time was to finish in under 40 minutes.  I did it in 40:09 (don't hate on my slow time...I was faster than everyone at home in the bed this cold morning!).  I had a hard time.  I think it was a combination of not "training" well (or at all if I'm being honest) this time and not much sleep this week.

My mom rocked this 5k!  She stayed with me and kept me motivated.  I kept telling her to go on, but she didn't leave me behind.  Thanks Mom!

Usually this race is a pretty big turn out.  It's one that our school system sponsors, and then they have a free fall festival on the track afterwards.  This year it was a terrible turn out.  21 runners - I finished 20/21 and barely at that!  I definitely cut the lady behind me off coming around the last corner just so I wouldn't finish dead last, terrible, I know.

The funny thing is - I placed!  I laughed when I found out.  I was the only female in the 20-29 age division.  Wesley, Mom, and Dad all placed first in their age divisions too!  Wesley finished 4th overall.

Wesley and I with several of our friends/coworkers!  Everyone placed!

The Pettys and Taffs!  Little man was so ready to get down and play!

Last year Wesley wanted to take my sweet baby down the blow ups and I told him no, maybe next year.  So this year he did!  Eli LOVED it!  He laughed the whole way down!


About the third time he got brave and went down on his own.  Don't worry, I caught him at the bottom!  : )  He definitely caught some air!  He looks terrified in this picture, but was squealed the whole way.


Eli then talked Mommy into going down too!

Ok, Dad, let's go again!

Nana and Eli

Puddin' and Eli on the swings.

We had a great morning!  Next 5k I'm definitely getting under 40 minutes.  We're hoping to do one more race before the end of the year, probably the Reindeer Run or Jingle All the Way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving those pictures of ya'll going down the slide!! I'm proud of your 1st place finish :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do another 5K soon too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...