I say this every year, but wow, six years? In some ways, I still consider myself a new teacher-so much to learn! I think that's one thing I love about teaching. I'm constantly striving to improve myself. I love that every year (and class, student) is different. Let me just say, pinterest has revolutionized my classroom. There are so many great ideas for lessons and decorating out there!
Welcome to my third grade classroom!
AR board (I've gone with an owl theme this year)
Jobs board-student pictures will be placed beside their job assignment, and cubbies
The view from my desk (probably the most wasted space in the whole room, I never sit there!)
I angled my small group table into the corner to give a little more room when you walk in the door.
It's a little glaring, but the math focus wall.
I have a new treasure chest this year. My kids always sat on my old one, and it was a bit wonky and the lid always collapsed. So, Wesley built me a new one, that gives me room for a treasure chest and extra storage inside. I sewed new curtains and seat cushions for the box. I have got to finish the pillows this weekend (that match the top floral panel).
My classroom door - the class of 2022 - seems crazy!!
Where student work will be displayed outside!









Love it! So very cute- the owls are great... I like border around the helpers board too!
ReplyDeleteI love all your owls!! Where did you get your lanterns??
ReplyDeleteBrianne
From Behind the Lavender Door