Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cohort C

 
Last weekend I left my boy for the first time ever...for 2 years and 2 months I've never been more than just a few minutes away from him.  I left Eli in the good hands of his Daddy for their own little boys weekend....
Boys weekend began with a Superhero birthday party!



 while I headed off to the beach with my Cohort C (+ 1) girls.  Cohort C was the name of our elementary education cohort at Auburn...more than five years ago!

Here we are 5 years ago, 2007, single and wearing 2 piece swimsuits....obviously unaware of what our bodies would go through over these 5 years...


And here we are in 2012, rockin' our 'mom'suits...
Notice this time you didn't get a full body shot!  : )


 My friend Brittany, who did an awesome job of putting together this trip, shared some stats on her blog about the difference between the girls in the first picture and the girls in the second picture:
 
*6 weddings have occurred
*4 babies, 1 on the way, and 3 precious ones are in Heaven with o)ur Jesus
*3 SAHM and 3 full time teachers (2 pastors wives)
*5 of us have blogs...get on that, Jessica!
*And after this trip, we all now have Twitter and Instagram too.

I'm grateful for social media.  It makes it so easy to keep up with these (and other) friends, (and to pick up right where we left off last time we were together), but this trip was just what I needed.  I slept through the night. every night.  I caught up on some great conversation and great things in the life of my friends.  We ate out every night - yay food trucks!...and may have even taken a baby (the pastor's baby) to a bar, but don't worry, we went for the food and atmosphere.  I mean, we all had water to drink-that's how we roll.  We took naps on the beach and swam in the ocean.  We played cards and watched movies.  We laughed, we cried, we ate cookie dough and made daquiris and pina coladas from Sprite.
 
We're wild, we know.  It was a lot like our days in Auburn, minus making stupid soap carvings and Gee's Bend quilts for Chi-Chi (aka Boobs)...but that's a whole other story.  It was just what I needed.

Thanks to my great husband for sending me on this little get-away, candy and reading material for my trip, and even the nice fall flowers for when I got back.  It was such a perfect weekend.  Let's do it again, girls...but not wait 5 more years.

1 comment:

  1. Forgot to mention in my blog that the baby in the bar was the pastor's baby! Chi Chi aka Boobs cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...