Thanksgiving was so wonderful this year. I think all 3 of us needed a break from work, school, and soccer, and just some time for us to get some quality family time.
We did our usual split of family time between both sides.
Thursday was so wonderful. We were outside ALL DAY. It was so nice to be in the warm sunshine, and away from technology, Elmo, and Mickey!
There were lots of cousins to run, scream, and play in the dirt with!
And, what's a day outside without some good ole sidewalk chalk.
We feasted this year with the cotton fields as our backdrop, and I couldn't resist getting some pictures in the cotton fields. I've been dying to go pick cotton all fall...no joke.
The Taffs, Thanksgiving 2012
Eli and Aunt Katie
Ginny and Eli
Pops and Eli played sotter in the yard.
After Thanksgiving in Elba, we loaded up the car and made the trek to Pansey for Round 2. Sadly, I got no pictures with Eli and my family, but we had just as much fun!
I think this year I finally reached fat kid status. I ate so much on Thursday I threw up Thursday night at my parents house (really I think it was just something that didn't agree with me). It wasn't all food and stretchy pants though; over Thanksgiving Break I ran just shy of 12 miles. I'm quite proud of that accomplishment! I've got a goal to run 40 miles in between Thanksgiving and New Years-40 miles in 40 days. I'll let you know how that goes! : )
I'm grateful that we have an extra week in between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. I'm loving Eli's age and am glad we have a little extra time to soak up the holidays this year!



No comments:
Post a Comment