Thursday, June 13, 2013

Disney Day 1

Last week we visited the "happiest place on Earth".  Funny they call it that.  I saw and over-heard MANY unhappy, grouchy, smart-mouthed people while there ... but we had a GREAT time!

We went very early in our summer vacation, hoping to beat some of the crowds and the heat.  The last time we went to Disney, we went with Wesley's family.  This time we asked my parents to come with us for the first part of our trip.  Of all the times I've been to Disney, I'd never been with my parents, so it was fun to get to go with them and Eli (and of course Wesley too).

Our first full day there began with breakfast nice and early at Chef Mickey's

 I only have a picture of Nana with Goofy.  Eli let out a blood-curling, high-pitched, girly scream when Goofy walked up.


 The breakfast was delicious.  After I fixed my plate I realized I had all carbs.  Oops.  They sure were good though. (Don't let the watermelon and grapes fool you.  That was all for Eli.)

 Mickey was only minutely better.  The whole time he was screaming, "GET ME DOWN FROM HERE.  I G-O.  I G-O.  GET ME DOWN!!!!"

You can't tell from the pictures, but Eli really does love the characters...just from a distance!  It got to the point that when a new character would stop at our table for autographs and pictures, everyone around us was turning around to watch how Eli reacted.  : )

After a very filling breakfast, we were off to the Magic Kingdom!




This age was a lot of fun for Eli to experience at Disney.  First off, his admission was free, and secondly he was big enough to do several rides!  The Tomorrowland Speedway was definitely one of his favorite things!

 Puddin even let Eli drive!

Eli eventually "warmed up" to the characters.  And by "warmed up" to them, I really mean that the noises he made changed from blood-curling screams  to grunts if he had to be beside them in a picture.  He did get better as the week progressed though!

A Mickey ice cream break.  I purposefully waited until little man fell asleep in his stroller before I got one of these.  Does that make me a mean mommy?!  : )

We saw more characters at Goofy's side show.




Eli has ALWAYS loved carousels.  After we got off, Eli shouted "ONE MORE TIME!", so of course we rode again!


The celebration parade that we happened to see on our way out that day was by far one of the more memorable moments of the trip.  The characters came by on floats (ya know, a "safe" distance away).  There was a lot of street performers and dancers, and a lot of singing and flare to the show.

Woody and Jesse were on the last float and Eli TOTALLY FLIPPED OUT (in a good way) when he saw them.  He started screaming, pointing, and jumping up and down.  I've never seen him so excited about anything before.  (Toy Story 3 is one of his most favorite movies.)
The parade was something that we didn't plan to go to, it just kind of worked out that way, but it was by far one of my favorite things from the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...