A few weeks ago, we loaded up the car and headed south to Dothan for the Peanut Festival-one of my favorite things about my hometown!
Eli napped in the car on the way down, and although Wesley will probably die that I put this out there, I think it's too precious...Eli napping with one of my old baby dolls, Camel (because her hair and skin were Camel colored).
We started out climbing on all of the tractors and commercial lawn mowers.
Next, we walked through all the
After that, it was time for this preggo's favorite....the food! Corn dogs, elephant ears, and of course, boiled peanuts were the foods of choice this year. I really wanted some roasted corn too, but I refrained.
Next, it was time for more rides! We only spent a small fortune for Eli to ride six or seven different things. I can't imagine how much my parents used to shell out for my brother, sister, and I to go to the fair (and to think, we went like three different times...each).
Being pregnant meant I couldn't ride anything fun this year, but I did go on the carousel with my boy.
It was a really fun night, and I'm glad that we were able to take Eli to something from my childhood that I love so much!







No comments:
Post a Comment