Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Library

Today we got up and went to the library (anyone else sing that Sesame Street song in their head?  Yeh...me either.)

When I think of summer, I think of trips to the library.  We used to go all the time in the summer.  We always participated in the summer reading program and set goals for how many books we were going to read.  Today was a little like reliving my childhood.  Part of me wished my mom and brother and sister had been there too, like old times sake. : ) (I think I have a problem. ha.)  One thing that excites me about Eli getting older is instilling in him a love for reading.  I hope we share this! : )

Today, Eli (and Wesley, ahem...) each got library cards!  I think one boy found it more exciting than the other...


We spent a good hour there.  In addition to reading a few books,


we also played puzzles and games!

Eli (and Mommy) checked out a stack of books.  We've read through most of them.

We plan on going about once a week this summer.  Free (and air conditioned) entertainment is always a plus in my book (pun intended)!  Today was the perfect way to kick off summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...