July 11 Wesley and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! We've finally been married longer than we dated! : )
We wanted to do something, but with Landon being so small, and still needing me, we didn't want to go far away, or for a long time. Wesley planned a great little one night get-away to Atlanta.
We left just before lunch.
Upon arriving in Atlanta, I managed to talk Wesley into going to Ikea!
As we were leaving Ikea, we started getting texts from my mom saying things like, "Not to alarm anyone, but Landon still hasn't eaten." I started getting a little concerned because he hadn't been nursing well, but I'd already taken him to urgent care at the beach and they said his ears and throat looked good.
We stayed in Atlanta, but kept getting updates from Nana.
For dinner, we had reservations at the Sundial at the Westin. We hadn't been anywhere that nice since our honeymoon!
The ride up 72 floors...
Selfies in the elevator!
The view of the city.
If you've never been, or heard of it, the restaurant is at the top of the hotel (72nd floor) and rotates (360 every hour), giving a view of the entire city. It was so neat to have a bird's eye view of all of the places we've been so many times before.
Shrimp on top of potato salad, with a bunch of other hoity adjectives that I don't remember.
Yes...I made us be those people and take pictures of our dinner. Wesley had grouper, zucchini, and mashed potatoes.
I had a porkchop with some type of jelly sauce on top, bacon mac and cheese (which, honestly, is the reason I ordered this dish), and creamy spinach.
Aii yi yi!! Delish!
Selfie from the observation deck.
By this point, Landon boy still was refusing his bottle, hadn't had a wet diaper, and his eyes were looking a little sunken, so Nana, Puddin, and Eli took him to the pediatric acute care. Good news is he wasn't dehydrated since he was still producing tears, but he did have an ear infection. Which was good to hear and get meds for, but was also frustrating that he'd been suffering so long. This was what I'd taken him to the doctor for at the beach!

We got home just before midnight, and I fed Landon and put him to bed. We had plans to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and see the Little Mermaid at the Fox on Saturday. We decided to just play it by ear, but Saturday morning, Landon still wouldn't take a bottle! The acute care doctor attributed this to his ears hurting.
So, we lost our reservations for Saturday. Things don't always turn out the way we want or expect them to. It was disappointing not to finish our weekend, but we made the most of our weekend in Columbus with the boys and my parents!
We had lunch downtown Saturday and then walked the riverwalk and went to watch whitewater rafters.
We cooled off with popsicles from Planet Pops.
Banana pudding pop gets two big thumbs up from me!
the Michaels...
Eating popsicles by the rapids!
We ended anniversary weekend by getting to go see Divergent (finally!).
Happy anniversary Wesley! I love you and the life we've made together. Here's to 105 more years!























No comments:
Post a Comment